Twitter

Monday 24 September 2012

Philofaxy meet up. 22/9/12

Hello everyone.

Today I'm going to give you a round up of the Philofaxy meet up held in London on Saturday.

This was my 3rd meet up and I was very excited to be going.





My journey started by train, travelling down from Retford station to Kings Cross.

As it was a nice day and no one was meeting me at the station, I decided to walk to The Tate using ios6 maps on iPhone (risky I know, but worked).





I arrived there early and was pleased to see Steve there already.
Slowly other members arrived and very soon we were able to go inside for lunch.

People in attendance were;
Me
Steve
Imy
Thomas
Alison
Rebecca
Jess
Yasmin
Keji
Sarah
Andy
Preethi
Christa
Anita

As soon as we sat down the Filofaxes were out.





We were split into two tables which worked quite well actually. It gave us the opportunity to chat with those on our table during the meal, then all swap around afterwards.













Anita waving her Filofaxes at me in the background :).

After we had finished lunch, we headed over to City Organiser.









Andy had very kindly agreed to option the shop once again for us to browse/purchase to our hearts content.

Our first port of call once inside City Organiser was to check out the new Temperley range.





As you can see I was not impressed with the Ikat.





And Alison looks horrified by the Ikat.

I will be doing a separate post on the new Temperley range, so keep an eye out for it.

After we had finished at City Organiser, people split off to do their own thing. Some people went home/hotel, but me, Imy, Anita, Sarah, Preethi, Christa and Keji went shopping in Artbox, Muji and paperchase.

After we said our goodbyes to Christa and Keji, we made our way over to Vapiano where we met up with Steve and Thomas for a meal. It was a lovely place and the meal was fantastic. You can watch them cook your pasta meal.

At the end of the night we said goodnight to everyone and headed towards our hotel. I was sharing with Imy, and Steve was in the same hotel, so we had a drink in the hotel bar, then retired for the night.


This was a fantastic meet up, and my favourite to date. It was lovely and chilled out. I loved meeting new Philofaxy members and of course seeing the old ones again.

It was a very magical weekend.

:)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Enjoyed the 'meet up' from afar (Romeo, MI, USA) and virtually. Hope to join one someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I loved all the photos of our UK kindred spirits. Looks like a wonderful time was had by all.

    As an aside, hello, Cheryl, from beautiful downtown Birmingham (MI)!

    ReplyDelete